Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My thoughts as a pastor.

As a pastor, I have tried to be as humble as Christ is.  No matter what, I am still a human being with flaws!  One thing I do know is that as a pastor, I try to make this church uplifting, loving and a place where they can call a spiritual home but it starts with a pastor who is willing to put his ego and pride aside, and allow the Holy Spirit to flow throughout the church.  As long as I, as pastor, keep Christ first above all and know that He is the head of the church, I can be blessed as a pastor. 

Here are the list I try to follow as a pastor:


I am not here to judge or condemn you but to uplift you in Spirit and be a forgiving person as Christ is.
     

The Bible says, "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned.   Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6:37) 
As a pastor, I do my best to let the congregation feel loved, accepted by God, and let the know that God is for them, not against them.  Yes, people and I will do things that are against His eyes but what is amazing about God is that He's very forgiving and will listen to us as we pray, repent, and ask for forgiveness.  No one, including myself, is as perfect as the Son of God, Jesus Christ. 

 I am not here to hate, belittle you, or put fear in you but to love you as my brother or sister in Christ, to give you the message of Salvation with the  Love of Christ, to increase your faith in His finished Works, and to give you hope, courage, and peace in the Lord.
 
This is one of my favorite verse:: "
He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Luke 10:27) It's important that I pray and ask the Holy Spirit to be prepared before I preach.  The more I know how much I am forgiven and loved by the Most High, the more I can forgive you quickly and love you as much as Christ loved me and you.  Jesus is the first and the last, the Alpha and the Omega, the Finisher of Faith, and or course, or Savior.  He wants us to look at Him as Savior, the Son of God who have sacrificed  His life for us not because He have to but because He loved us so much ! 


I am thankful to God for this church we are having now.  This church is hungry for the Word of God!  So hungry and thirsty for His Word makes my job as  pastor so exciting!  I feel like I am just a messenger or a pointer to Christ.   I want this church to be all about Jesus and magnify His Name.  I want the blessings of God to flow through this church as we dive into His Living Word.  I just love this church!


Post a Comment

God's Blessings

Don't take wealth as your number one source of happiness. Our true richness is in our heart when we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. That free gift is eternal life through Jesus Christ.